Legal Statement – Online Auction
By bidding in Danbury Animal Welfare Society auctions, each bidder agrees to these auction rules:
- All sales are final. There will be no exchanges or refunds unless otherwise noted.
- All items are “as is.” DAWS has attempted to describe and catalog items correctly but neither warrants nor represents and in no event shall be responsible for the correctness of descriptions, genuineness, authorship, provenance, or condition of the items. No statement made in this online catalog, or made orally at the auction or elsewhere, shall be deemed such a warranty, representation, or assumption of liability.
- The auction item value listed is an estimate of fair market value. Items have not been appraised unless so noted. The amount you pay above this fair market value estimate is normally tax deductible as a charitable contribution. Please consult your tax adviser to clarify amount of deduction.
- Please pay careful attention to all conditions, restrictions and expiration dates on items and services. We appreciate your strict observance of these restrictions.
- Packages containing alcohol must be picked up by an individual 21+ years of age with valid ID. You must be at least 21 years old to purchase any packages containing alcohol.
- All completed sales from this event are considered transactions solely between the purchaser and the donor of the auction item.
- The winner must pick up item(s) from DAWS on Saturday October 31st between 8:00 AM – 12:00 pm. DAWS is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Any item(s) left unclaimed after 30 days, without prior arrangements, will be sold and proceeds will go to DAWS.
- DAWS reserves the right to add or withdraw items, without notice, to or from the auction.
- Each person bidding assumes all risks and hazards related to the auction and items obtained at the auction. Each bidder agrees to hold harmless from any liability arising indirectly from DAWS, their elected and appointed officials, members and employees, its agents and employees, the event organizers, sponsors and/or volunteers connected with the auction.